Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Who is Marilyn Monroe?

(Notorious beauties Marilyn Monroe and Angelina Jolie morphed together)


I just read an article that says Angelina Jolie will play the most famous blond, bombshell, Marilyn Monroe in an upcoming film adaptation of author Andrew O' Hagan's novel "The Life And Opinions of Maf The Dog, And Of His Friend Marilyn Monroe":
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/report-angelina-jolie-to-play-marilyn-monroe-2010168

Seconds later, I read a conflicting article saying Jolie will not be playing Monroe:
http://screencrave.com/2010-08-17/angelina-jolie-not-playing-marilyn-monroe-after-all/

Is she or isn't she?

I for one hope she is.

Although Jolie and Monroe are complete opposite in looks--- dark haired, thin Jolie and blond curvaceous Monroe, Jolie has the sex appeal and that gorgeous face to play Monroe well.
Her name alone attached to the project would sell the most movie tickets compared to any other Hollywood actress that would play Monroe.

Other contenders named for the prized Monroe role are said to be:


Scarlett Johansson
&


Christina Hendricks

Johanssen seemingly has the entire package--- blond hair and curvaceousness but I don't think her acting is strong enough to take on Monroe's personality.
I've never seen Hendricks act before so I don't know how good, okay or bad she is, but she certainly has all the right curves looks to play Monroe.

The right actress who plays Monroe has to be more coquettish as Monroe was, not blatantly sexy. Monroe had an innocence about her that may be hard unfortunately for Jolie to pull off.


Still I think with perhaps some padding here and there and her tough factor toned down a little, Jolie can be transformed into a great Marilyn Monroe.

(Jolie as a blond for the movie, Life of Something Like It)


My second top pick is:


Gretchen Mol


She successfully played pinup Bettie Page in The Notorious Bettie Page and it would be wonderful if she played another sex symbol. She has an innocence about her yet she can be very alluring. As well, her body type is just about right enough to play Monroe.

Third I'd pick:


Kate Winslet

She usually plays nice girls and sweet roles. It would be interesting to see if she could pull off such a sexy figure in history.


Johanssen I'd like to see play Monroe next, followed by Hendricks.


Always sexy,


Carla Gugino
&

Monica Belluci

---may be able to pull off playing Monroe also.

I'd love to see Jolie take on Monroe the most.

I'm crossing my fingers!




























No comments:

Post a Comment